Turns out we’ve been making coffee all wrong.
All of us agree that there is nothing better than a cup of coffee, especially on a Monday morning. Without that morning cuppa, we know how we function in a perpetual Zombie mode, and that is NOT a good feeling. Yes, coffee is love. Coffee is life.
BUT! Turns out you’ve been making this beloved brew all wrong! Read on for details-
- You should never use tap water. Tap water is full of chemicals that changes the taste of your coffee. Just get a filter and start filtering the water before you use it for coffee, okay?
- Don’t use boiling water. If the water is too hot, the coffee beans tend to burn. The ideal temperature should be around 96C, which means just before it starts boiling.
- Do not store your beans in the freezer. This causes them to dry out. Instead, keep the beans in a dark, cool, air-tight container.
- Ditch ground beans and opt for whole beans instead. If your coffee is bitter, the granules are too small. If your coffee is too flat, it’s been ground too coarsely.
- Don’t grind your beans in one big batch. This makes it lose its taste. Instead, grind coffee immediately before making it.