Lake Bellandur in Bangalore caught fire. No we aren’t kidding.
In an effort to clean up the garbage around the lake, it was lit on fire and quickly took wind. The large amount of smoke cause panic among the residents , it was forest fire worthy huge. “Usually, a pile of garbage strewn around the lake is set on fire, but yesterday it caused a scare among residents and motorists as the smoke started billowing and surrounding the lake in the evening,” K U Ramesh, Deputy Director at Karnataka Fire Department said.
The fire is caused by dumping of garbage alongside the lakes and poor sewage treatment. Moreover the lake has been overflowing with froth and toxic fumes for the last one year.
Will we ever learn?